Sunday, February 21, 2010

Socks

I'm not doing well in the sock department. I was making good progress on my pink socks (using two circular needles to knit both at once), but my extremely curious two-year-old daughter decided to try knitting when I was in another room. By the time I discovered what she was doing, my pink socks were off the needles and in a tangled mess on the floor.

No, I didn't punish her. First of all, she's too cute, and secondly, she was just trying to help.

As of right now, I have no socks in progress. If I'm going to have any hope of finishing something for the Ravelympics, I had better get back to work. Socks should be fairly easy to knit, if I could just keep working on them for more than a few minutes at a time. The constant interruptions are bothering me quite a bit, but I know that they are only temporary. Before I know it, the kids won't be interrupting me anymore, and I'll miss having them around.

Today will be a busy day, with furniture rearranging and housecleaning on the agenda. And quilting. And college homework. And whatever else needs to be done before the new week begins tomorrow. I'm tired already.

However, my husband has a hockey game tonight, so I will be able to knit completely uninterrupted after the kids go to bed this evening. I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment