Thursday, February 18, 2010

Not feeling the Magic Loop love

I started my two green socks using the Magic Loop method last night.

The cable kept getting in the way of my yarn, so I removed one of the socks and concentrated on knitting just one sock using the method. I officially gave up on Magic Loop when I pulled one of my needles right out of all of the stitches I had just knitted.

Yes, the two circular needle method is more expensive, since I'll need to buy two needles in each size for the socks and mittens and gloves I plan to make, but I find that it's easier and less complicated than Magic Loop. Of course, that's just my opinion, and personally, I'm glad that there are so many sock-making methods out there. Everyone can find just what they need. :)

With that said, I also spent last night starting my first lace shawl over again. I keep getting halfway through the first clue, only to mess up on the lacework. This time, I am definitely going to create a "lifeline" through my stitching, just before the lacework begins. If I mess up, I won't have to start all over again. Maybe I'll make some progress on it pretty soon.

I need to get something (anything) finished for the Ravelympics this week. Finding time to knit or crochet is not very easy, though, but my husband is supportive, and that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment