Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sixth time's the charm

I am working on my oldest daughter's mystery shawl right now. It's my first lace shawl, and I kept making the mistake of trying to knit lace while little kids were running in and out of my bedroom. It's very easy to mess up a lace pattern! One little bit of distraction, and my place is lost and the wrong stitches knitted.

This is the sixth time I've started this pattern. So far, it's going well. I'm only knitting when I have a reasonable chance of not being interrupted. And when I do get interrupted, I go back and check my work to make sure I'm on the correct part of the pattern. I just hope that I can finally get this shawl knitted. Spring is going to be here eventually, and I know my daughter will love having something pretty to keep her warm in the mornings.

I visited another local yarn shop yesterday. They had a huge selection of sock yarns, and I bought a couple of skeins of bright variegated sock yarn to make some spring socks for myself. As much as I enjoy shopping at the local stores, I still prefer to shop online as much as possible. I know that there are a lot of other stay-at-home moms who are supplementing their income by dyeing and selling yarn on the internet, and I want to support them as much as I can.

Last night, I dreamed about buying beads for a knitted lace shawl that I was making. I think I'm getting a little too obsessed here, but I'm having too much fun to care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment