Monday, February 22, 2010

Coming Soon

I am in the process of creating my own line of mystery shawl and mystery sock patterns. While I love creating what other people design, I figure that it's time for me to branch out on my own.

After all, I learned to knit when I was 11 years old, years before I learned how to crochet or quilt. It's time to put that experience to the test.

Once I get established as a designer, I plan on creating patterns for baby afghans, too. I might even add coordinating hats and booties at some point, if all goes well. I'm having an unbelievable amount of fun using my knitting pattern creation software. Now all I need to do is take my creations from paper to yarn.

I enjoy creating mystery patterns for quilting, too, but those are harder to do. Just about anything that I could create has already been done, and all I can do at this point is to come up with different color combinations and/or fairly unique combinations of blocks. Knitting seems a little more open to interpretation, as well as much more portable.

It's time for a new challenge. This is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment