Thursday, August 5, 2010

Regarding the affliction known as "cast-on-itis"

I have a very bad case of cast-on-itis right now.  For you non-knitters, this is basically an overwhelming need to cast on as many projects as possible, usually filling up every spare set of knitting needles in the house.  In severe cases, knitters have been known to lose their minds temporarily if they are not allowed to continue starting new projects.  (And those that do continue to start more projects often suffer from insanity, too.  It's a vicious cycle.)

There are no less than six socks on my needles right now, plus three baby afghans and two stuffed monsters.  All I want to do right now is buy more needles, so I can start more projects.

I think it's stress related.

Over the weekend, I slipped on a puddle of water in my bathroom and slammed my littlest toe into a corner of the wall.  The impact tore off my entire toenail, and the fall left me bruised and sore all over.  Add this to the stress of midterm exams and other college-related stuff, and you might be able to understand that I'm not feeling too wonderful right now.

Knitting makes me happy.  When everything else is getting me down, and when I just need a pick-me-up, knitting is there.  There's something soothing about picking up my needles and yarn and working with my hands.  I can't explain it.  It just works.

I'm running out of needles, though, so I need to slow down on my burning desire to start new projects.  Either that, or I need to buy more needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment