Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My first pattern!

I am very close to publishing my first knitting pattern.  I'm really excited about it!  I just need to create the nicely formatted pattern sheet, rather than the working chart I've been using up to this point.  Considering the fact that this shawl has 609 stitches worked over dozens of rows, it's important to make everything as neat and tidy and easy-to-read as possible.

I did run into a bit of a problem with my chosen yarn, though.  It's so incredibly fine that I can't stand working with it for very long.  It literally sticks to my fingers, and it falls off of my needles too easily.  I'm disappointed, since that yarn is very pretty and so incredibly soft that it feels wonderful.  It would have made a beautiful (and soft!) shawl, but I can't bring myself to keep using it.  I certainly can't recommend it to my pattern customers, since a difficult yarn will reflect poorly upon me and my design skills, and I don't need to earn a bad reputation with my very first pattern.

I guess I'm going to be forced to buy more yarn.  I have my eye on another skein of Laci, by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.  I just need to choose a color.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment